A farm favorite!
Shred kale, cabbage and carrots - your choice as to ratio. We used the shredder attachment on the food processor and it made a nicely textured salad base.
Dress your veggies with:
3\4 cup of sesame oil, 1\2 cup of soy sauce, 1\4 cup olive
oil, 1\4 cup lime juice, 1 tbs of maple syrup, 3 tsp of chili flakes (or two if you don't like things too spicy), 1 tsp sea salt, 1\4 cup chopped cashews, soaked overnight if possible).
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Makes
2 1\2 cups.
Friday, August 9, 2013
Thursday, August 1, 2013
If you use farm-fresh local broccoli, you probably don't have to peel the stalks. But certainly include the stalks - just steam them a little longer.
30 minutes or fewer
Lightly steaming broccoli brightens its color and helps it keep its crunch—even when it’s coated in a creamy dressing, as in this recipe.
- 2 small heads broccoli (12 oz.)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. agave nectar or sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 Tbs. roasted, salted sunflower seeds
2. Whisk together mayonnaise, agave nectar, vinegar, and mustard in bowl. Combine broccoli, onion, and raisins in large bowl; toss with mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and
sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
from Vegetarian Times