If you use farm-fresh local broccoli, you probably don't have to peel the stalks. But certainly include the stalks - just steam them a little longer.
30 minutes or fewer
Lightly steaming broccoli brightens its color and helps it keep its crunch—even when it’s coated in a creamy dressing, as in this recipe.
- 2 small heads broccoli (12 oz.)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. agave nectar or sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 Tbs. roasted, salted sunflower seeds
2. Whisk together mayonnaise, agave nectar, vinegar, and mustard in bowl. Combine broccoli, onion, and raisins in large bowl; toss with mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and
sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
from Vegetarian Times