- 6 medium beets (any kind)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic and/or some garlic scapes if you still have some
- 1 bunch of swiss chard
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1.5 tablespoons of quality olive oil
- goat cheese
- Roast the beets: Wrap beets in foil two and two together, place on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and roast at 375 degrees for about one hour. Take the beets out of the oven to cool in the foil for a while. (Keeping them in the foil will help loosen the skin.) When cold enough to handle, remove the skin and slice beets in big pieces. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Sauté the onion and garlic on medium heat for about five minutes. Add roughly chopped chard, stems removed, and cook until the chard is done (5-10 minutes). Add the garbanzo beans and beets and heat for a few minutes.
- Add in the goat cheese and serve.
- Salt and pepper as needed