This recipe is written per person so make as many as you like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:1/3 to 1/2 head curly endive (frisée) per person
Scant 1 Tbsp. mild olive oil per person
1 tsp. good-quality red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar per person
1/2 minced shallot per person
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard per person
Salt and pepper
1 to 2 slices thick-cut bacon or 1/4 cup lardons per person
1 to 2 eggs per person
- Tear endive into bite-size pieces; rinse and dry endive thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or measure cup, mix oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, fry bacon or lardons until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer for poaching the eggs. When the water is ready, toss endive in a large bowl with the dressing. Toss more than you think is necessary to really evenly coat all the endive. Toss in coarsely crumbled bacon or lardons. Divide among serving plates.
- Poach eggs and top each salad with an egg or two. Serve immediately.