Makes 18 muffins
“This recipe is quick and easy, relies on simple ingredients, and produces consistent results,” notes blogger Dynise Balcavage.
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup soy flour
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ Tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Stir together squash, sugar, soy flour, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add spelt flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir until just combined. Fold in raisins and nuts, if using.
4. Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full with batter. Bake 18 to 24 minutes, or until tops are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool.
from Vegetarian Times