- 3 beets - thinly sliced
- 1 bunches kale, tough ribs removed and leaves roughly torn
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Spread beets, kale, and garlic on rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Roast until the beets are soft and the kale is tender, 20-30 minutes
Meanwhile, cook quinoa. For excellent directions, learn about all things quinoa at this informative blog.
When quinoa is cooked and fluffed, add roasted vegetables and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice and divide amongst bowls. Crumble goat cheese and serve hot or warm.