Take entire kale bouquet and steam in large pot. We simmered chopped scallions in the steaming water. Arrange kale bouquet on a large platter (we got out the turkey platter!). Serve dipping sauce on the side and simply pull off the tender leaves and dip them in the sauce.
Here is a tasty sauce accompaniment:
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 2 limes (or lemons)
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.